Sunday, March 14, 2010

The First Review-Red's Diner on 4th


The best thing to do on a saturday morning is to go for a nice, big well-deserved brunch to start the weekend off right. The part I can't stomach is how potbellied I feel after a 600 calorie grease soaked bacony dish that you can essentially see your reflection in. I know, I know. There are plenty of healthy choices on your standard breakfast menus; the fruit cup or the granola & yogurt. I can whip that shit up at home no problem, so why would I waste my money? Thankfully, recently opened Red's Diner on 4th st & 15th ave doesn't have your typical menu. They have a yummy selection of Rise and Shine egg dishes (think Eggs Bene & gooey omelettes), Oatmeal Brulee, and Buttermilk Buckwheat pancakes. What also makes Red's so special? The selection of vegetarian and vegan options that are so hard to come by (Vegan Tofu Scramble, Vegetarian Omelette & Red Quinoa). This place is definitely worth the wait.

P.s
If they ask you what kind of bread you'd like, get the Sour Dough Cheese toast...Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment